Kanuka Thuringer LLP is pleased to welcome Roxanne Ouellette and Alexander Shalashniy as partners of the firm*, effective January 1, 2020.
- Roxanne joined the firm in 2017 practising in the areas of family law and civil litigation. She holds a J.D. from Bond University and was called to the Saskatchewan Bar in 2015.
- Roxanne practices in all aspects of family law including matters of parenting, support, as well as advising client on division of family property comprising large corporate assets, and complex financial arrangements. She also practices in the area of civil litigation with a focus on insurance and oil and gas.
- Roxanne has appeared before all levels of Court in Saskatchewan.
- Alexander rejoined the firm in 2017 and carries on the practice of law with a focus on insolvency & restructuring and commercial litigation. He initially worked at the firm from 2012-2014, before leaving for nearly three years to serve as a Chief of Staff in the Government of Saskatchewan.
- He has a J.D. from the University of British Columbia and was called to the Saskatchewan Bar in 2012.
- Alexander’s insolvency & restructuring experience includes providing advice and representation in relation to receiverships, the Companies’ Creditors Arrangement Act, and Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act. matters.
- His litigation experience includes debt recovery, construction disputes, administrative law, lotteries, and other commercial litigation matters in the areas of energy, shareholder disputes, and farming. Alexander has appeared at lower courts in Alberta, all levels of court in Saskatchewan, and the Supreme Court of Canada.
Kanuka Thuringer LLP is pleased to welcome Roxanne and Alexander to the partnership.