We advise clients concerning environmental risks associated land ownership throughout a number of industries and sectors. We advise for a number of purposes, including:
- Purchase of new and existing operations and businesses,
- Environmental risk, liability, incident reporting and responding,
- Environmental assessment considerations,
- Regulatory compliance,
- Remediation of contaminated sites and
- Environmental permitting.
We also assist with navigating the regulatory framework associated with acquisition, transfer and assignment of permits and approvals. We represent clients in civil and regulatory proceedings and in negotiations with environmental authorities concerning site remediation, compliance and permitting. We also assist our clients in enforcing their contractual remedies related to environmental risk allocation. We assist clients with the appropriate structuring of transactions to allocate risk in accordance with the negotiated framework.